AAPC’s medical coding certifications are nationally recognized by employers, physician societies, and Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, most employers prefer to hire credentialed medical coders. Additionally, certified coders earn 21% more than non-credentialed coders.
CPC Exam (AAPC by USA) Training is provided to candidates for 125 hours of training and clearing the various test conducted in the training program will provides Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, CPT, ICD-10 CM, and HCPCS Coding also in-depth training in ICD-10 CM coding guidelines and all specialties including Radiology, Pathology, Evaluation and Management (ER/ED/Critical care), Surgery, Anesthesia and Medicine Coding. The CPC exam is comprised of 150 multiple-choice questions. The test takes five hours and 40 minutes to complete, making it fairly rigorous. There are two breaks in the middle of the test. The AAPC administers the CPC exam all over the country. Even Alaska has three test-taking locations. To find the test location nearest to you (Includes Chennai, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Bangalore etc), simply go to the AAPC’s website and use their search engine.There is a salary hike of INR 3000 to 5000 in India in most of the companies once you complete the certification. Gyrus Infotech provides CPC exam training for freshers and experienced candidates across all medical coding specialties.
Why is CPC Exam training required?
Medical coders operate across various specialties in the medical billing companies. During the initial few months of your career, you will be exposed to reports of the same specialty to achieve accuracy and speed. Eventually you become a master in coding one particular department reports. In order to clear a CPC certification, coding skills are expected in handling multi-specialty reports. For example, a Radiology medical coder may find it difficult to comprehend a surgical report.
- Course Duration: 75 days*
- Batches:Weekdays and Weekend Batch
- Weekdays:3 hours / day (Monday to Friday) *
- Weekend4 hours / day (Saturday & Sunday)*
- Examination Location:Centers across India
- Examination Fee:$700 (free one retake)
- Pass Percentage:70%
- Examination Duration:5 hrs 40 mins
- Pattern: 150 Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Anatomy, Physiology Medical terminology & Pathology manual will be provided.
- ICD 10 CM guidelines manuals will be issued.
- Chapter’s wise test will be conducted and end of the course full mock test will be conducted with viva-voice.
- Medical coding training includes CPT, ICD-10CM, HCPCS with medical records practice.
- ICD-10 CM General Coding guidelines, conventions and coding for acute and chronic conditions.
- ICD-10 CM Chapter Specific guidelines for Infection, HIV and Sepsis coding, Neoplasm and Hypertension coding, Pregnancy, Delivery, Trauma and aftercare coding
- Question papers – CPC exam sample Question Papers and previous years question paper with answers included rationale.
- Series wise tests will be conducted
- Totally 3 Mock tests (150 questions)